Custom Laser & Router Services
JTEC is now offering custom kit cutting services. If you have an airplane or anything else that you want Laser cut or Routered send us an email at email@example.com about the possibility of having your kit cut. Prefered file formats are .dwg or .dxf, if you have the file in another format let us know and we will be glad to see if we can convert it for you.
Prices are based on file conversion, setup time, materials used, and cutting time. All files are proprietary to that customer and will only be offered to other customers with consent from original customer.
If you wish to have a file cut, here are some suggestions to make your kit cutting more cost effective for you.
Suggested layout layering for laser cut parts
- Blue Layer - Engraved parts (ie. part labels)
- Green Layer - Inside cut of parts (ie. lightning holes)
- Red Layer - Outside cut of parts
Try to base your files on standard sized material
- Suggested material size for balsa files, 3" or 4" wide material
- Suggested material size for plywood parts, 12" x 47.5" or 35.5" x 47.5"
- If JTEC is providing the materials used please specify the grade of wood you prefer
Note: The above suggestions are designed to help make your project more cost effective for you, if needed JTEC will be glad to layout your project. As for materials, other sized materials are available but tend to be more expensive. Also, JTEC asks for your files to be in an "AutoCAD" or similar format. Transfering a file from a blueprint or drawing is sometimes possible but can be very expensive.